Coffee. A simple six letter word. A synonym of heaven for some and a necessity for others. A hot piping cup of coffee can revive you from a dull day. People who consume coffee on a daily basis form an attachment to it.
Rather than being just a refreshment and energy boosting drink, coffee is also very beneficial and healthy. It is loaded with antioxidants and beneficial nutrients that can improve health. It lowers the risk of several diseases to a higher level. Here listed are few reasons why you should be a part of the coffee lovers’ club:
- Increases energy levels- Coffee can help you feel less tired and boost your energy levels. The stimulant called caffeine, which is the most commonly consumed psychoactive substance in the world. Coffee improves various aspects of brain function like memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction times and general cognitive function.
- Increases metabolism- The caffeine in coffee can help increase your metabolism rate and aid in burning fat.
- Enhance physical performance- Caffeine in coffee can increase adrenaline levels. It makes the fat cells break down body fat, releasing them into the blood as free fatty acids and making them available as fuel. It also leads to significant improvements in physical performance.
- Lower the risk of diabetes- Diabetes is a big health problem, affecting about 300 million people worldwide. According to the studies, people who drink the most coffee have a 23-50% lower risk of getting this disease.
- Protects from Alzheimer’s disease- Drinking coffee can lower the risk of Alzheimer’s leading to dementia at an exceptionally high rate.
- Lowers the risk of Parkinson disease- Coffee drinkers have up to a 60% lower risk of getting Parkinson’s disease, the second most common neurodegenerative disorder.
- Protective effects on the liver- People who drink 4 or more cups of coffee a day face 80% lower risk of getting affected by the disease cirrhosis, in which the liver has been largely replaced by scar tissues.
- Helps in fighting depression- Depression is a serious mental disorder that causes a significantly reduced quality of life. Coffee appears to lower the risk of developing depression and helps in decreasing stress levels
- Lowers the risk of cancer- Coffee appears to be protective against liver cancer, colorectal cancer and some types of skin cancers. Studies have found that there is potentially as much as a 20-40 percent lower risk when a person drinks a minimum of four cups of coffee daily.
- Does not cause heart diseases and reduces the risk of stroke- Although coffee temporarily causes an increase in one's blood pressure, drinking two cups daily can help prevent certain cardiovascular problems, such as heart failure. Additionally, there is also a reduced risk of stroke.
- Helps you live a hale and hearty life- No diseases, no health risks, just a happy life. Coffee can help you lead a longer, healthy and happy life.